Waunakee Citizen's AcademyName: Waunakee Citizen's AcademyDate: September 6, 2017Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDTEvent Description:
Waunakee Citizens Academy
Waunakee Police, Fire, and EMS are pleased to announce the 2017 Waunakee Emergency Services Citizen's Academy program starting September 6, 2017. Participants will meet on Wednesday evenings 6-8:30pm for 9 consecutive weeks.
The Citizen's Academy is a "hands on" program. The goal of the program is to give participants a better understanding of Police, Fire, and EMS duties and responsibilities. During simulations, participants will be able to assume the role of the Police Officer, Firefighter, and Emergency Medical Technician. The class is limited to 14 participants.
- Police Defense and Arrest Tactics/Taser Demonstration
- Participation in Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC) located at Columbus 151 Speedway
- Police Simunitions - Response to active shooter scenarios utilizing simunition rounds.
- Drug Investigations, Alcohol Investigations, Accident Investigations, Crime Scene Investigations and K9 Demonstration.
- Fire Department Equipment Demos and building tour
- Basic EMS Skills, CCR Training, Equipment Demos, and building tour.
Requirements: You must be at least 18 years of age. Preference will be given to the Village of Waunakee residents. Applications due by August 30, 2017. Applications and course schedule may be picked up at the Waunakee Police Department or by contacting Sergeant Adam Kreitzman at 849-4523 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Printable Application I
Printable Application II