Waunakee Feed the Need "Food for Kidz"
Waunakee Feed the Need 13th Annual Food For Kidz - 2,801,972 meals packaged in Waunakee since 2006!
- Help us package meals to fight hunger.
- 18,000 kids die everyday from starvation and our money and efforts can help reduce this number.
- The food package was developed by food scientists at Cargill, General Mills and Archer Daniels Midland.
- 2018 Goal is 300,000 meals
- One package of food provides six nutritionally-complete meals.
- Cost per meal is 15 cents
- It reaches hungry children and their families, both locally and internationally.
- Donations allow us to purchase the ingredients!
- Specially designed meals will be sent to Haiti and other places of need around the world.
Waunakee Feed The Need is a local Waunakee, WI. nonprofit group whose mission is to provide nutritious meals to the hungry both here and around the world. In 2016 we packaged both the fortified Rice-Soy Protein Meal and the nutritious Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal. 100,000 meals of oatmeal were distributed free to local food pantries by the Dane Co. Community Action Coalition. The 176,472 rice-soy meals are being sent to Haiti and Honduras to help feed hungry children and their families.
- Donate and sign up to volunteer online: waunakeefeedtheneed.org
- 1500 volunteers needed for 1.5 hour shifts
- $25.00 feeds 167 children
- $.15 a meal
- Tax deductible donations can be sent to:
Food For Kidz
PO Box 164
Waunakee, WI 53597
At our annual event, assembly lines of volunteers package the nutritious meals. Each package provides six meals at cost of .15 cents/meal. We are a 100% volunteer group and all donations go towards the cost of the ingredients. Donations are needed so we can continue providing meals to those in need.
Waunakee Feed The Need (waunakeefeedtheneed.org) is an affiliate of the non-profit group; Feeding Children of Stewart/FCS (foodforkidz.org)
$25.00 pays for 167 meals
$100.00 pays for 667 meals
$250.00 pays for 1,667 meals
$1000.00 pays for 6,668 meals
We will be packaging both the Fortified Rice-Soy Protein Meal and a Fortified Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal. The Oatmeal will be distributed free to local food pantries by the Dane Co. Community Action Coalition and the Rice-Soy will be sent overseas to help feed hungry families. The meals cost only .15 cents each, but $37,500 needs to be raised to cover the cost of the ingredients. Please donate and volunteer to help us reach our goal!