Waunakee, Wisconsin ~ In the Heart of Dane County
Waunakee’s location just 13 miles north of Madison & 85 miles from Milwaukee, places Waunakee in close proximity to all major markets. “The Only Waunakee in the World” is only minutes away from:
• Hwy 19
• Hwy 113
• Interstate I/90 & I/94
• Dane County Regional Airport
• World Class Health Care Facilities
• 8 Universities & Colleges
Waunakee Makes Top 10 Best Community in the Nation!
Family Circle has selected Waunakee as one of the 10 best communities for families in the entire nation for 2015! The article is in the August issue. For an advanced preview of the article, scroll through the selected communities by clicking the aqua arrows once you're in the link below:
• Profound presence thanks to exceptional K-12 System
• One High school, one Middle school, one Intermediate school, three Elementary schools, one Parochial school, and one private college preparatory school.
• District enrollment 4,093
• Close proximity to institutions of higher learning
• Higher than average rate of high school & college graduates
Waunakee is committed to expanding economic growth by actively working with and staying in contact with current and potential business owners.
Parks & Recreation
• Home to the Waunakee Village Center which offers recreational activities & an athletic gym
• Parks system consists of 275.36 acres of parks and conservancy land
• Includes Westport Parks system
• 13 ball diamonds
• 32 soccer fields
• 26 tennis courts
• 3 pickle ball courts
• 2 sledding hills
• Outdoor skating rink
• Indoor Ice Rink
• Indoor Aquatic Pool
• Skateboard Park
• 3 dog parks (Hwys Q, 19, & M)
- Waunakee Population 13,067
- Westport Population 4,000
- Percent of Male Population 47%
- Percent of Female Population 53%
- Median Age 38
- Percent of Married People 76%
- Percent of Single People 24%
- Average Household Size 2.65
- Total Households 6,740
- Median Household Income $80,899
- Per Capita Income $37,514
- Median House Value $309,529
The information sources come from city-data.com, wisconsin.hometownlocator.com, and quickfacts.census.gov. The demographics are by zip code, combing Waunakee and Westport.
Waunakee Ranked in the Top 50 Safest Cities in Wisconsin
For many people, there’s nothing like living on the water, and if you’re looking for a safe place to live in a picturesque riverfront state away from the East or West Coast, Wisconsin should be your next destination.
Waunakee’s police department keeps the city’s approximate 12,000 residents feeling safe and secure in their community, as it reported no murders, robberies, or arsons in 2012. Besides safety, Waunakee’s proximity to Madison contributes to its surging economy, making Waunakee a great place to do business and to participate in a thriving source of economic development.
In addition to a strong fiscal condition and low tax rate, Waunakee maintains an admirable quality of life for its citizens without raising the cost of living, keeping both food and miscellaneous costs below the national average. If you’re looking to raise a family with children, this city has an excellent public school system catering from kindergarten through college.
Violent Crimes per 1,000:0.24
Property Crimes per 1,000: 9.25
Governor Nelson State Park Catches its Own Ranking!
According to the taketimefishing.org website, Governor Nelson State Park was rated #60 in 'The Top 100 Family Friendly Places to Fish' in the nation!! Read more...