Chamber Mission Statement & Purpose
The mission of the Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce is to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the Waunakee area so that its citizens and all areas of its business community shall prosper.
All necessary means of promotion shall be provided and particular attention and emphasis shall be given to the economic, civic, commercial, industrial and educational interests of the area.
Why is it important for Waunakee to support the local Chamber of Commerce?
- We maintain a high profile office that is open to the public year-round with friendly, professional staff devoted to the civic, commercial, and industrial concerns of our area who provide helpful information to the community and for all those who visit Waunakee.
- We answer hundreds of inquiries and questions about our community in person at the Chamber office, by mail, website, and by telephone.
- We speak in a unified voice for business with government leaders regarding proposed and existing laws and regulations impacting businesses.
- We coordinate the time and talents of local business people, our community leaders, school officials, and young people in addressing issues such as planning, housing, taxes, economic development, education and growth.
- We support and pursue matters that can impact our community and its overall quality of life.
Code of Ethics
For the purpose of promoting the commerce and industry of the Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce, encouraging high ethical standards in business and professions, and improving life in our community, Chamber members voluntarily agree and strive:
- To conduct business affairs with professionalism, skill, honesty, and integrity.
- To comply with the rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and welfare of the community.
- To keep informed regarding public policies and other essential information which affect our business interests.
- To promote the good of the community and recognize the dignity and worth of all individuals.
- To maintain high standards of character, conduct, and speech towards our customers, employees, and neighbors.
QUALITY • INTEGRITY • COMMUNITY • CHARACTER
- You will get a friendly greeting when your contact the Chamber by phone, or as a walk-in at the Depot office.
- We will strive to get to know you and your business and seek ways together to help you succeed.
- We will respond in an appropriate manner to any requests you may have, utilizing all resources available.
- When dealing with customers who have inquiries or complaints, we will follow-up with integrity, confidentiality and fairness.
- We will keep the lines of communication open between the Village of Waunakee and its support services, Town of Westport, Dane County, and ourselves involving commerce.
- And last, but not least, the Chamber will strive to encourage your positive participation and support of Chamber programs and events.