Waunakee "Food for Kidz"
14th Annual Waunakee Food For Kidz
- Volunteer for one of our four shifts.
- Help us raise $75,000 to cover cost of ingredients. Donate here.
- 100,000+ meals will go to Dane County Community Action Coalition, then distributed to over 50 local food pantries!
- Meals will also be shipped to Haiti and other places in need around the world.
- 2,801,972 meals packaged since 2006
Waunakee Food For Kidz, an affiliate of Feeding Children of Stewart, is a local Waunakee, WI nonprofit group whose mission is to provide nutritious meals to the hungry both here and around the world. Over the past 13 years, we have packaged 2,801,972 meals. On Oct 20th, 2019 we are aiming to package 500,000 meals; our biggest goal ever!
- Donate and sign up to volunteer online: waunakeefoodforkidz.org
- 1500 volunteers needed for 1.5 hour shifts
- $25.00 feeds 167 children
- $.15 a meal
- Tax deductible donations can be sent to:
Food For Kidz
PO Box 164
Waunakee, WI 53597
At our annual event, assembly lines of volunteers package the nutritious meals. We are a 100% volunteer group and the donations received are used to produce the meals. To meet our goal, we need $75,000 to purchase the ingredients and continue providing meals to those in need.
How many meals will my donation buy?
$25.00 pays for 167 meals
$100.00 pays for 667 meals
$250.00 pays for 1,667 meals
$1000.00 pays for 6,668 meals
We will be packaging both the Fortified Rice-Soy Protein Meal and a Fortified Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal. The Oatmeal will be distributed free to local food pantries by the Dane Co. Community Action Coalition and the Rice-Soy will be sent overseas to help feed hungry families. The meals cost only .15 cents each, but $37,500 needs to be raised to cover the cost of the ingredients. Please donate and volunteer to help us reach our goal!